Picture book writer and poet, Kelly Conroy, is 50% silly, fun-loving, never-grow-up big kid and 50% hard-working, focused, analytical former actuary. She loves all things magical, whimsical, and numerical, and her goal in life is to make people smile.
She was initially inspired to write by her cousins, Stan and Jan Berenstain, creators of the Berenstain Bears, and continues to be inspired by her two rambunctious sons and mini goldendoodle, Chewy.
Kelly is represented by Sarah Stephens at Red Fox Literary.
- My poem HAND PRINTS is included in 10.10 Poetry Anthology: Celebrating 10 in 10 Different Ways published by wee words for wee ones Available on Amazon
SCBWI Leadership Roles
- PA-West Event Coordinator 2018-2020
- PA-West Social Media Coordinator 2017-2018
- Poets' Garage
- 12 x 12 Picture Book Challenge
- 2021 Madness! Poetry Authlete - I made it to the third round!
- Honorable Mention in 2021 50 Precious Words Contest
- Honorable Mention in 2021 Valentiny Contest
- 2nd in 2020 Valentiny Contest
- 2019 PBChat Mentorship with Lori Degman
- 10th in 2019 Spring Fling Writing Contest
- Honorable Mention in 2019 Valentiny Contest
- 5th in 2018 Halloweensie Contest
- 6th in 2017 Halloweensie Contest
- 2014 RUCCL One-on-One Attendee
Professional Designations (Non-Writing)
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries
- Enrolled Actuary